[Cialug] Mailling List Admin

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Tue Apr 20 15:04:02 CDT 2010

There is the perception that there is less of a "big brother" factor with an
ISP.  I know that there are a lot of people that refuse to go GMail because
of the ads that are placed in the window.  Not because of the ads, but
because of the scanning that's done to place the content-related ads.
 People feel that's an invasion of privacy.  Those people don't understand
that e-mail really isn't private, unless it is encrypted.

Zach, maybe you could give a demonstration on how to set up e-mail for
sub-domains?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Zachary Kotlarek <zach at kotlarek.com> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Todd Walton wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM,  <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Seriously though...are there any real benefits to using the ISP provided
> >> email?
> >
> > So you can ditch all your contacts at some point, and only let the
> > people you like know about your new address.  "Hey, old 'friend',
> > haven't heard from you in a while! No, sorry about that, I switched
> > ISPs and forgot to get all my contacts before I left, or I would have
> > let you know."
>

> That's what subdomains are for.
>
>        Zach
>        zach at annoyinglinuxnerds2010.kotlarek.com