[Cialug] Google Chromium browser under *buntu: not too bad

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 15:09:45 CDT 2009

Lately I have been trying out nightly builds of the linux port of Chrome.
 It's not quiiiite ready for prime time, but it is definitely fast.  It
feels a lot more responsive than Firefox, anyway.
I installed it from this repository and it was pretty painless.  The package
is called chromium-browser, as there is apparently already a game package
called chromium in debian/ubuntu.
https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/ppa

It is more likely to replace Firefox as my main browser once it has an
Adblock plugin and perhaps something like Vimperator.

- Nathan