[Cialug] Problem upgrading ubuntu fiesty to gutsy

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Mar 26 15:26:40 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> I can run apt-get update but when I do apt-get dist-upgrade it switches some of the prerequists-sources.list back to us.archive....

by the way, there's a "better" way to upgrade... use do-release-upgrade

It does the apt-get stuff for you and has special rules built in that
helps it handle some of the odd cases where apt-get asks you a
thousand questions or fights with dependencies. This is the command
line equiv of

update-manager --dist-upgrade

--
Matthew Nuzum