[Cialug] Distro choice

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Jan 28 21:31:12 CST 2009

For what it's worth, my old laptop was an Omnibook 6100.  I think the distro
I was running was OpenSuse 10.1, and it worked fine.  When I had it booted
into Windows, I had flashblock on Firefox because otherwise web browsing was
pretty slow.  I don't recall if I had flash enabled on the Linux side or
not.  My guess is, I did not.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Do you think it is worth while to try to download the 8.10 version of
> Ubuntu?  I'm not familiar with the Dell laptops referenced below.  I am
> using an HP Omnibook 6000.

Tim