[Cialug] OT: Alarm systems

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Feb 5 11:22:31 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:
>> This would not be good if you lived in one of those houses that have a
>> defective stove that causes food to sometimes, for no explicable
>> reason, produce smoke.
>
> It depends on what you are using the contact closure for. With careful
> programming you could use an alarm from 5-7 to denote that you should stop
> and grab dinner on the way home because there's a charcoal surprise on the
> oven otherwise.

That would make a great mobile phone app. Think of the response your
wife would have if you just "happened" to bring home carry out on that
horrible day when everything went wrong and to top it off dinner was
ruined. You'd be her knight in shining armour. You just can't put a
dollar amount on the kind of happiness that would result. I'm taking
pre-orders now. $99 which includes a free $20 gift card to KFC.

The only problem is the person who most often smokes the food in my
house is not my wife. I think she'd suspect something if she noticed
my phone always went crazy while I was cooking.

--
Matthew Nuzum