[Cialug] The Paranoid Foreign Traveler

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:49:42 CST 2009

Option: tiny traveler:

Get a mobile phone with TV out capabilities (I know everyone hates windows,
but HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 have this at least and the TP2 - at least
from Sprint - is CDMA/GSM so it will work in those nasty countries).  Get an
encryptable bluetooth keyboard (no sniffing keystrokes).  Use MS MyPhone and
a MicroSD card.  Install PocketPutty for encrypted SSH tunnels back home.
Possibly find a MS Mobile File encrypter (may not work with myPhone).  Use
myPhone to sync files to the cloud.  Carry your MicroSD on you OUT OF THE
PHONE at all times. (don't put it in your shoe...they may check there).
Despite it being M$ WinMo you can do almost everything on it.  The TV Out
and Bluetooth keyboard are not necessary, but nice if you want to work with
a larger screen and keyboard.