[Cialug] OT: Qwest and Mediacom Internet Service Advice

Aaron Korver aaron.korver at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:49:09 CST 2009

Okay, I'll throw my two bits into this discussion.  I had Mediacom for about
4 years at my current location (Polk City).  I would have multiple outages,
and the speed was terrible from about 3:30 (when kids got home from school)
until about 9:00 (kids going to bed?).  After a two day long outage, I got
tired of it and switched to Qwest, and the MSN ISP.  I've been with them for
1.5 years now, and I've had one outage during that time.  The only "bad"
thing was trying to set my modem to bridge mode.  That was a pain, but once
I figured that out, I have zero complaints about Qwest's service.  I was
able to lock in the price at $19.99 a month for as long as I'm a customer.
Count me a happy Qwest customer.

Aaron Korver