[Cialug] Moving Linux from one disk to another

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Fri Sep 5 12:53:10 CDT 2008

I've used this at home (Linux clients) and it works well.  After recommending this to another coworker here, he uses it for a small windows clients only network and it's pulled his rear out of the fire more than once.  This is on my short list of favorite software solutions.

On the cloning the disk "discussion", G4U is fantastic if you've got the time, or want to set up to do more than one box at a time.  Other than that I'd use a boot cdrom and a dd / gparted solution.

-Theron