[Cialug] wild card domain tricks

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Oct 3 10:46:25 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> Do I need to create a different zone file for the
> testing.followers.net domain name or can I simply add an entry to
> the existing zone file?

Just add an entry to the existing zone file.  Wildcard entries only
apply when something more specific does not match.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"