[Cialug] PC Repairs section at Barnes and Nonble

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon May 12 09:31:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I buy from stores and online both, and I try to practice Tim
>  O'Reilly's "Buy Where You Shop" creed.

I do this too though I'd never heard this view from Tim. The old
adage, back when gas stations were also service stations, was to buy
your gas at the local service station so that you'd be a familiar face
when you needed a helping hand.

I know B&N is not a local store but at least some of the money I spend
there stays local. I wish there was in one in Ankeny or Altoona so I
didn't have to drive so far. Seems we've got an uneven distribution of
pulp in the Metro area.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode