[Cialug] OT: Looking for a good verizon phone for my non-geek loved one

Richard Harms rh-cialug at darkrealms.com
Mon Mar 3 20:50:01 CST 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Nathan Stien wrote:

> I have a Motorola e815 I bought from Verizon that has OBEX, and I
> freely transfer files to and from it all the time.  But I had to do a
> hack to enable it.

I used an e815 for a couple years, and was quite happy with it, best
part was being able to use data access through it via bluetooth, from
my laptop. Signal strength around here was always real good, as well
as most places in the middle of nowhere (northern Iowa, Montana, and
Minnesota mostly). A friend of mine and my parents also got the same
thing at nearly the same time, and its worked well for all of them,
also.

-rh