[Cialug] OT flood reporting

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Jun 12 10:45:37 CDT 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:

> Oh... I can't wait to hear the list respond to what a "real" database
> is...

Before we talk about "real" databases we should talk about "real"
storage -- a DB is only as good as the I/O subsystem that back it.

You can increase your I/O subsystem data rate by increasing the
velocity of wave propagation in your mercury delay lines; the easiest
way to to that is to reduce the viscosity by heating the mercury. Be
sure to remind your DBA to try not to breath much while the line are
hot.

	Zach