[Cialug] Emergency help.. What to remove to get disk space

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Jul 18 13:30:12 CDT 2008

On Friday July 18 2008 12:31, Todd Walton wrote:
>I've been trying for the past 30 minutes or so to find a way to list
>only installed and optional packages.  So far I've gotten this:
>
>apt-cache show `dpkg -l | cut --delimiter=" " --fields=3` |grep -A 1
> Package

Try this:
$ aptitude search '~i~poptional' -F '%p'

In my Debian notes i have the following one; it will show packages that
were part of the initial install that have since been removed. Probably
not useful for you right now, but shows slightly more complex package
selection:
$ aptitude search '!~i(~pimportant|~pstandard|~prequired)' -F '%p %P'