[Cialug] dovecot - mail in dir, not in inbox

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Tue Jul 15 12:25:00 CDT 2008

we're running dovecot+procmail+maildir on rhel 4.6.  one of my coworkers
(and possibly more who don't know) will receive an email, it will be
delivered to their maildir, but it won't show in their inbox via imap or
in webmail.  if I create a directory, move all of the mails into it,
check the account, move them back, then check again, the messages will
be there.  this makes me think it's a dovecot index issue.  there are
not outstanding lines in the dovecot log

I can get the right google juice to find anyone else having this
problem, anyone here know?

-barry