[Cialug] Connection closed by remote host

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:35:44 CST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 3:06 PM, Tom Pohl <tom at tcpconsulting.com> wrote:
> If your box kernel panicked,  it might act this way.  If you've used
> all of your memory and swap, it might act this way.  There could be a
> lot of reasons for this to happen.  If it is memory related, you
> might get lucky getting into it if something ends and frees up a
> little memory.

When I got home and could physically access the machine, I got a
better look at the situation.

It wasn't paniced or maxed on RAM, but I think the hard drive is
dying.  It couldn't even run /bin/ls.  After reboot, it keeps
complaining "lost interrupt" on hdc and never finishes booting.  Alas.

So now I'm wondering about just running it disklessly...

- Nathan