[Cialug] Mediatomb

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Tue Dec 30 15:19:12 CST 2008

I haven't dug to deeply (busy with end of year things) but IIRC
mediatomb just uses the mime type from the file and nothing else.  If
you wanted to get fancy it does support piping data to say script or
program for transcoding, but you could wrap that with a script that
will only transcode certain codec types and not just video/divx
files.  I'd really like a live container changer from MKV to something
else, but that will require more digging.

Dave