[Cialug] September 11th CIJUG Meeting

Ryan Senior senior.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:50:18 CDT 2007

This month's Central Iowa Java User's Group meeting is going to have two
guests (Bruce Perens and Ken Drachnik) tele-conferencing in.  More
information on both of these individuals is below.  The topic of the evening
is Open Source.  Ken will be able to provide some perspective on Sun's Open
Source practices and how they pertain to their business model and Bruce can
provide a more broad perspective on Open Source.  This is where you come
in!  We need questions and topics for discussion.  Ken will have a short
presentation and then will be answering questions.  Most of Bruce's time
will be alloted for questions and discussions.  We need questions!  Have
your questions for Ken and Bruce ready.  If you would like to have your
question submitted to Ken/Bruce prior to the meeting (or if you can't make
the meeting), please send them to me off-list and I'll make sure they get
submitted to the appropriate person and that they're asked in the meeting.

More information on Ken Drachnik:

http://blogs.sun.com/draks/
http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/media/ceo/bio.jsp?name=Ken%20Drachnik

More information on Bruce Perens: