[Cialug] KVM switches: recommendations?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sun Nov 18 21:28:21 CST 2007

On 11/18/07, Jonathan C. Bailey <jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:
> Ha.. My boss had similar issues with his old Belkin KVM... He was the type to use meta keys when selecting text, and the Belkin would just magically "let go" of the meta key resulting in various issues.. Only KVM I've been happy with is Raritan, but that isn't quite a home KVM either :-D

We have a Raritan at work that worked quite well, until HP came out
with a new generation of servers that didn't work very well with the
Raritan (something about some kind of sync signal with the keyboard or
something like that).  Raritan had some kind of upgrade deal but we
never took advantage of it.  We eventually replaced the Raritan with
something HP OEM'd but I don't think it works quite as well as the
Raritan - many times the server selection screens don't sync up
properly with the LCD monitors we use and thus look very bad.  The HP
KVM also doesn't let more than one monitoring station view a server's
console where the Raritan would.

Jeff