[Cialug] Active Directory equivalent?

Donovan Skarin n3ophyt3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:16:45 CDT 2007

Company is 300 and some odd bodies, with 172 desktops and (currently) 4
servers. There's going to be a mix of Linux and Windows until we get all of
the hardware replaced, with the Windows boxes ranging from 9x to ME to NT4.
Regardless of potential overkill, We're going to want something this, if for
no other reason than that we know as fact now that a member of the panel we
are presenting this to WILL be asking questions about this.
Which brings me to a new question or two...
What all is involved in setting up OpenLDAP to propagate its policy across
the network, and how hard is it to go in and change things after the initial
configuration?