[Cialug] Feedback on website

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Mon Jun 25 09:51:09 CDT 2007

> I wondered if any of you would be willing to give me some
> feedback on
> a website that I manage whose navigation menu stubbornly won't work
> on IE6 or 7 but it will work fine on Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.  I
> went to the Listamatic website to look for a navigation menu that
> will work fine in IE6, 7 also. I implemented the CSS, but it still
> doesn't work in IE6 and 7. I am confused. Granted I personally feel
> that everyone should be on Firefox or other browsers than IE, but my
> client expects it to work on IE.
>
> I will look for other sources of feedback, but I have looked on the
> web for ideas, but I haven't found an answer yet.

Looking at in in IE6 - is the navigation area under the logo?

I like the colors, they are unique compared to a lot of the web 2.0
"smeared" colors and grays and blues.
(The language next to the logo is a little hard to read - I think because of
the serif font)

I'll second what Tim says about Dynamic drive and differences about how
import is supported between browsers.  It's a kludge, but sometimes I use
the include feature of the application language or the webserver I'm using
to work around it.

Do you have a mandate to do the menus in a particular way - CSS or JS or
appear a particular way? You may be interested in the "suckerfish" menus.
http://alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns

-Nate