[Cialug] Last night's meeting / next month's meeting

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jun 21 10:13:05 CDT 2007

Hope everyone had fun at last night's meeting.

I think that we had a good discussion regarding locations, and I think
that the next step is for Tim to provide us with a list of locations,
and we set up a basic online poll so we can vote on where to meet.
I do think, however, that it's important to have a "primary" base, and
have occasional meetings away from that base.  That should keep us from
fragmenting and shrinking like the Mac group did.

I also wanted to bring your attention to the topic for next month's
meeting, which is 'Social Media on "teh Internets"'.  We will need
people willing to talk about social sites.  I have a general overview
worked up, that I can give, but I'd not talk the whole time, so please
start thinking about what you either want to say or want to hear.

Lastly, at dinner, I made a few comments about instructables.com.  It's
basically what it sounds like.  You can write instructions for people
and share them with everyone.  For example:

* Upgrade Your iPod Mini With Flash Memory -
http://www.instructables.com/id/EX4ECMRF0ZTLLI8/
* How to make a Green Lantern ring -
http://www.instructables.com/id/EUS0W80F2XW9PF4/
* How to make s'mores at home -
http://www.instructables.com/id/EX6GC17F2XW9QGT/

(disclaimer: I wrote the last one myself, as I needed to experiment
with off-camera flash)

Enjoy.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net