[Cialug] Bad EIP value in Puppy Linux

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed Jul 25 09:07:52 CDT 2007

I was trying out Puppy Linux Live CD on an old Thinkpad 600E that I
have lying around. I currently have Ubuntu 6.10 on it, but it runs a
tad sluggishly, so I thought I would see if Puppy Linux would be a
little faster.  But the problem I have is that it keeps saying Bad
EIP value.

I tried booting with APCI=OFF and IDE=NODMA. Neither of those helped.
It seems to crop up just when it is doing a search for the ethernet
adapter. However, I can boot into Ubuntu just fine. So I am
perplexed. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stuart