[Cialug]moving a server

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Jul 5 08:19:25 CDT 2007

Do you just need to move the file shares? I'd probably use rsync to copy
stuff over. Rsync is rather slow for an initial copy (noticeably slower
than just running tar over an ssh pipe, for instance), but if
interrupted it can pick up where it left off and it is very fast at
synchronizing changes.