[Cialug] Hardware needed

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Mon Aug 27 16:37:13 CDT 2007

lister at kulish.com wrote:
> Looking for a small(ish) form factor PC.  Doesn't need to be anything
> dramatic.  A pentium or so would suffice for this.
>
> What it does need is:
>
> DB9 serial port
> USB
>
> Anyone got anything lying around they want to unload?
>
> Chris K.

I have one of the 1st generation Shuttle boxes (think it's an SV25),
with something like a 1.2ghz Celeron (P3). It kinda works - but was
starting to get unstable. Looks to me like the caps in the voltage
regulator are starting to dome up. I'm guessing someone handy with a
soldering iron could repair it.

Has built in video, ethernet & sound.

Free or best offer. Will come with the processor, but no ram or drives.

Here's the specs on it:

http://eu.shuttle.com/archive/en/sv25.htm

I also have a headless Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop, P3 900. Works, but the
screen is toast (and i toasted it more trying to fix it). Would work as
a SFF, in-car or set-top box, if you don't care if it looks like a
headless laptop. :)

-dc