[Cialug] Fedora Install TO an NFS mount

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Sun Nov 12 17:46:22 CST 2006

Does anyone know if it's possible to install fedora TO an nfs mount?

I'm trying (for laziness sake) trying to network install a diskless
workstation to an nfs mount without needing to resort to using a
compact flash or other removable media.  I had imaged another server
to use as my nfs root but after much troubleshooting realized that my
diskless box is a i586 processor and my nfs root is 686 based.  I've
tried dropping to a shell and mounting my nfs volume manually, but
the installer doesn't recognize it as a valid destination.  I've even
mounted my 686 nfs root (thinking that when it detects previous
installations it would be found) with no luch.

Any idea?

-Tom