[Cialug] CMS selections
matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Nov 8 17:30:37 CST 2006
I'm investigating CMS systems and just wondered if anyone out there has
some recommendations. Our requirements are:
* Serious commitment to security, probably commercially supported
* access roles, including the ability to delegate access on a
per-folder basis or similar, rather than a per-item basis
* staging and work flow, more specifically, the ability to approve
content before publishing
* preferably an open source license with commercial support
* API and ability to easily create and use dynamic content with varying
degrees of sophistication
* programmed in (in order of preference) python, php, java, perl.
(.Net is not an option)
* easy to use
* added bonus - the ability to create static or semi-static content
that can be distributed out to servers that may not share a lan.
The fact is, I've not yet convinced my team that the wiki we're
currently using is not satisfactory. Next week we have a big meeting and
I'm creating a presentation and would like to include a few products to
toss out for consideration.
Can anyone make a suggestion?
newz2000 on freenode
More information about the Cialug