[Cialug] Mac Mini Question

Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com
Mon Nov 6 10:27:05 CST 2006

I've got one at home, too, and have been using it for semi-serious
development.  Just last night loaded up Tomcat and Eclipse, and started
working on a soap project using Sun's web services developer pack.  Have
previously played with Apache / PHP / Mysql on the thing, and haven't
had any problems.

Handles some command line operations similar enough to debian / ubuntu
to make working on it easy for me.

The PPC version I've got has a laptop harddrive, which is a drawback if
you expect blazing speed when loading things.  It's solid though.  Only
reboots have been caused by accidental unplugs or lightning.

=Dan