[Cialug] Web Hosting

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed Jun 7 09:56:43 CDT 2006

You can set up dyndns.org dynamic alias that points to your dynamic IP.
Then tell people to use that dynamic name to reach your website.

I do that for my videophone that I use for making phone calls. As a
deaf person, video is a wonderful technology for calling. We have video
relay service which allows us to call hearing people using a sign
language intepreter. We can also use it as our "phone" to chat with
each other. Using this kind of dynamic name works well between
videophones. So I am sure it will work well for websites too.  I even
use one for SSH to a Linux box I have.

Stuart Thiessen