[Cialug] hdd

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 19 May 2005 18:31:27 -0500

They're not highly regarded by a lot of people for weasely practices.

Interesing... I just searched for that drive on pricewatch.com, and
Tiger Direct wasn't listed. I did a couple of other quick searches and
didn't find them there either. The do have a little add block that pops
up now and again.

Here's a vendor that has it cheaper, and they have a "4.5 star" rating
on pricewatch.com

http://www.edazz.com/seagate.html

-dc

Neal Daringer wrote:
> care to elaborate?
>

> Quoting Bryan Baker <ka_klick@mac.com>:
>
>> As has been discussed in the never ending thread, the Seagates seem
>> to be pretty good drives, but you might want to re-think the vendor.
>>
>> On May 19, 2005, at 5:56 PM, Neal Daringer wrote:
>>
>>> this a good hard drive?? looking at getting a few for my dvr
>>>
>>> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-
>>> Details.asp?EdpNo=1388892&sku=THD-300A&CMP=EMC-