[Cialug] Linux audio card and driver

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:30:49 -0600

The AWE64 probably isn't going to be clean enough for Radio work. I
think that uses a similar chipset to the SBLive! cards, and audio people
really rag on that one for noise levels.

Here's a resource that may help you out, Roger.

http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/quality/

Creative has a new line of high-end "E-MU" audio cards that allegedly
use some nice hardware. They also have an optional external box with
lots of inputs & outputs, and knobs and stuff. Don't know if there's any
linux support for it yet.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=237

-dc