[Cialug] OT: PC Power Supplies

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Sun Aug 14 11:48:19 CDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:07:14AM -0600, Mike Staver wrote:

> To my surprise, same thing happened.  Swapped out the
> power supply, and all was well again.  I was shocked, but I thought
> "hey, one bad one out all that I ordered, it's ok".  At work I then
> proceeded to build about 10 machines, all with SL350's in them.  I ended
> up taking back 5 of the 10 psu's and going with Thermaltake instead.
> Thermaltake doesn't have the rep that Antec or Enermax do, but so far,
> I've had no issues.

Amazing how similar this is to the hard drive horror stories
that crop up.  The lesson I'd take from this is more along the
lines of "any manufacturer can turn out a bad model every once
in a while".

--
D. Joe Anderson          http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
". . . we could end up with a situation where it's legal to own