[Cialug] Asterisk, IAXYs and IAX (was Des Moines Area ISPs)

Dwight Hubbard cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:41:04 -0500 (CDT)

The real question is will the VOIP company pass the unmodified ANI record
to the asterix box.  I know they will pass this to 800 number customers
for billing information, but they also pass it between telcos, otherwise
they couldn't bill the call.

I.E. do any/some/all providers pass the ANI to the asterix box unmodified,
or possibly will they if you request it.  I honeslty don't know and I
haven't been able to find anyone with an answer :-(