[Cialug] Asterisk

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:15:50 -0600

What's the difference between home and work? ;)

It's taken a bit of adjustment on my wife's part, but it's running all
the phones in the house.  I also have extensions that go to an asterisk
server running at another location where other partner's phones tie in
to the network.

I even have a wisip (wifi voip phone) that attaches to a particular pbx
depending if I'm on my home network or randomly on the internet (to
conserve bandwidth on my home dsl connection).  The only step I haven't
taken is to buy phone service from someone like a voicepulse
(http://connect.voicepulse.com/) for long distance calling.

I've been working on a web application that will allow multiple people
to join a conference and record a session (with other audio clips, etc)
for uses such as podcasting or live streaming.

-Tom