[Cialug] Spam Assassin Attachment Rule

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:04:01 -0600

I'm using SpamAssassin 2.63 with Bayes and in general very few spams
come through and no legitimate mail is being marked as spam.

I'm thinking of adding a rule to spam assassin to mark a certain list of
attachments as spam.  While no serious problems exists due to these
attachments (i.e. I use a virus scanner and am fairly good educated
about not opening attachments) it would be nice not to see the messages.

I'm thinking of adding the following:

full UNSAFE_ATTACHMENT
/Content-(Disposition|Type):.+file.+="?.+\.(pif|com|scr|lnk|com|exe|vbs)"?/

describe UNSAFE_ATTACHMENT unsafe attachment

score UNSAFE_ATTACHMENT 15

(This should be three lines.  Line breaks may have broken up some of the
lines.)
Does that Rule look OK?

Thanks,
   Claus